Overhead Door Co. of Yakima™ has been selling, servicing, and even re-building all makes and models of bi-folding hay storage/agriculture and barn doors, as well as Hydraulic type doors as large as 50’ x 35’ (including both Schweiss Doors and Hi-Fold Inc. Doors). We are the local Yakima, WA service provider that is called upon to perform these services by both the door manufacturer and the end-user.
We have established and mastered specific repair procedures to address most of the common commercial door malfunctions that regularly occur here in Central Washington, rather than at the manufacturer’s lab. They professionally design their doors to withstand tornadoes and hurricanes, and while in the Pacific Northwest we have neither, high wind patterns throughout the year can batter the doors on a daily basis.
What are Bi-Folding Hanging Doors?
Bi-folding hanging doors are becoming much more popular in many industries. These doors are often installed on barns and warehouses. They work by opening outward on a lengthwise hinge, rather than swinging open.
These doors are mounted on your building’s exteriors. When opened, they fold up and in half. Bi-folding hanging doors may be constructed from steel or aluminum. Their sizes are also, customizable.
Industries Perfect for Bi-Folding Hanging Doors
Bi-folding hanging doors may work well for multiple industries; especially those that use large pieces of equipment. If you are in any of the following industries, we highly recommend them:
- Land management
- Commercial truck and equipment repair
This is, by no means, an exhaustive list. Some businesses, like restaurants, have incorporated bi-folding hanging doors to add an outdoor dining option. These doors are perfect because they add an instant awning, which offers shade. There are many creative ways to use them.
Advantages of Bi-Folding Hanging Doors
Bi-folding hanging doors have a lot of advantages and benefits, including:
- They are easy to use.
- They free up space in your building because of how they open and close.
- They save you time because of how easy it is for large vehicles and equipment to navigate in and out of the building.
- They provide improved security for your buildings.
- They protect your equipment from the effects of rainy or snowy weather and high winds.
- They are sturdy and tend to last a long time without needing to be replaced.
One of the best things about bi-folding doors is the fact that they are very low-maintenance. All you need to do to make sure they continue to work properly is:
- Keep the tracks free from any dust or grime, which can build up over time.
- Apply any recommended lubricants or cleaning agents to the tracks and hinge.
- Keep an eye on the doors’ performance and schedule repairs when necessary.
- Schedule routine professional maintenance to ensure they continue to work as they should.
Clearly, there are many benefits and advantages of bi-folding hanging doors.
Bi-folding hanging doors are an excellent choice for buildings in many industries. Bi-folding doors open outward, folding in half as they move into the open position. They take up little floor space inside the building and offer plenty of room to move the largest equipment in and out. They are low maintenance and customizable.
Choose Overhead Door Company of Yakima™ for Bi-Folding Hanging Doors
We have successfully developed repair procedures that address this issue and have received factory concurrence of their effectiveness. Let us perform a service call on your doors to give them a routine check-up and advise you of problems before they shut down your operations.
We serve many commercial businesses in Yakima County, Klickitat County, and Kittitas County! Whatever your commercial door needs are, give us a call at (509) 248-0665 or fill out our online form and we can assist you!